Learning the right social media etiquette for small businesses is certainly a herculean task. With the limited budget, you can afford a REAL social media expert and therefore your social media management poses a great risk for your business. If businesses using social media do it in the right manner, they can make a huge customer base and if there is one thing that goes wrong, they would have to face heavy loss.
That’s why we’re going to share some do’s and don’ts for businesses using social media over here so that you can understand the importance of such things and what’s their affect on the overall results of social media marketing.
Do’s for business using social media
- Focus on branding: Businesses use a number of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc simultaneously and this increases the risk that is posed towards the branding. Making all your social media profiles look the same so that you have a unique kind of presence on social media is tough and requires lot of attention. So, instead of posting endless tweets and facebook, also focus on what your homepage and cover photo looks like.
- Understand your audience: You need to understand what your audience expects from you and deliver it. Of course, this is different for different brands but first you need to analyse the usual patterns and then start trying and analyzing the results to figure out what works for your business and what doesn’t.
- Provide value to your audience: People use social media for they feel good to be on social media. Your task is undoubtedly to make that experience more pleasurable. If they look at your post, would they find it valuable? If yes, you’re good to go. If no, mend your ways.
- Test and learn: Never ever follow hard core rules while working on social media marketing. Let your social media manager try out new things. Not everything would work but those which will work would bring laurels to you.
- Be professional & social: Just because it is social media doesn’t mean you can forget your professionalism. People love it when brands are professional and you need to maintain such a figure all the time but while doing that, don’t forget to actually socialize with your audience.
Don’ts for business using social media
- Don’t take uncalculated risks: Just because trying and learn is a good strategy doesn’t mean you have to do anything you feel like on social media. Use social media analytics to find out about your audience, their location, timings when they’re online and so on and then try new things.
- Don’t be monotonous: If you will keep on doing same kinds of posts on your social media, people will get bored and you will lose them. Change your posts before they get bored.
- Don’t overuse automation: automation tools help save your time but too much use of them make you unsocial and that is something businesses using social media must never do.
- Don’t spam: Do you like spam? No? Then your audience would also not like it. Don’t spam.
- Don’t beg: Asking people for retweets and likes is cheap. Be professional and do something so amazing that you don’t have to ask for them.
We hope this post would help businesses using social media to improve their social media marketing campaigns. Do let us if these help you out!